2020 POSTER LISTING - Coming Soon!
The research presented as posters at the AMP Annual Meeting from the abstracts published in the November issue of JMD is embargoed until the first day of poster presentations at the Annual Meeting & Expo.
Required Elements of the poster are as follows:
- Introduction: a brief discussion of the background or rationale of the study and/or the question addressed
- Materials and Methods: the experimental approach, materials, and methods used in the study
- Results: the data and results obtained in the study
- Conclusions: the conclusions and/or implications of the results
ePoster Size Requirement: The ePoster should fit on to one (1) page in a PDF file. AMP reserves the right to remove eposters that exceed the size requirement.
- For publishing purposes, the poster upload must be a PDF file at highest resolution possible.
- All Posters should be in LANDSCAPE (horizontal) format
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) should ideally be set to 16:9. This is now the default aspect ratio in the newer versions of PowerPoint. If you’re using PowerPoint 2010 or older, you will have to change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. (Design tab -> Page Setup -> “Slides sized for:” -> Choose “On-screen Show (16:9)”)
- The complete poster is limited to one slide only. That means one single page for your PDF file.
- Fonts should be sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Calibri, etc.)
- Minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt
- Do not use flash animation with your slide
- The First Author’s profile, biography, photo and ePoster must be uploaded no later than Monday, November 2nd at 11:59pm (23:59) Eastern
- The First Author is considered the Presenting Author
- The Presenting Author is expected to register for the Annual Meeting and present the poster at the assigned time period (see below) to discuss the study and answer questions.
- The First Author will present their work as an ePoster (PDF file) this year on the AMP virtual event platform. They should follow the poster guidelines shown on this website.
- The ePoster should be saved as a PDF file and uploaded into the Poster Submission Portal using the instructions e-mailed to the corresponding author. Please check the “TASK” button and follow the upload instructions.
- In addition to submitting their ePoster, the First Author will be required to defend their work by being available to speak with fellow meeting attendees. This will be done through a text chat function within the virtual meeting platform. The AMP Meetings Department will provide instructions from on how to use this function included with their meeting material prior to the Annual Meeting dates (November 16-20, 2020).
- The dedicated poster presentation times are as follows:
- Even-numbered ePosters: Tuesday, November 17th from 1:00pm – 2:00pm Eastern
- Technologist Award Applicants ePosters: Tuesday, November 17th from 1:00pm – 2:00pm Eastern
- Odd-numbered ePosters: Thursday, November 19th from 1:00pm – 2:00pm Eastern
- Presenting Authors will also have the opportunity to present their work by submitting a video/audio presentation to the virtual platform, though this is not a requirement (except for poster award candidates). After logging into the ePoster portal, use the designated TASK for completeing an audio-visual recording. Note the recording may not exceed 2 minutes.
- Failure to defend one's findings by not attending the poster during the assigned time period is a violation of the AMP Scientific Integrity Policy and may result in forfeiture of future abstract submission privileges.
- If the Presenting Author is unable to attend the Annual Meeting to present the poster, every effort should be made to arrange for one of the other authors to present the poster. Both AMP (email@example.com) and the Annual Meeting Program Chair, Dr. Jane Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org), must be notified if the poster will be presented by another author.
If the First Author is an applicant for either the Young Investigator Award or Technologist Poster Award, the requirements have been modified this year to accommodate a virtual judging format. If they indicated that they would like to be considered for a poster award (either Young Investigator or Technologist), they will also be required to submit an audio/video presentation and be available to answer questions from the judges. They will be contacted separately with more information on this requirement. Should First Authors want to withdraw themselves from consideration for a poster award, please let us know by October 26 at email@example.com
Including the Abstract is optional unless the scientific content has been altered since its submission. If substantive changes to the data and/or conclusions have been made since the abstract was submitted, the following must accompany the poster presentation:
- A clear notice in the poster content stating that the abstract has been revised since submission, and
- The revised abstract must either be printed on the poster itself or posted as a separate document on the poster board.